Youth Basketball Offensive
Play 2: "Argentina"
Youth Basketball Offensive Play 2 is an excellent baseline out-of-bounds play! This is a simple play that utilizes multiple screens and cuts to create easy scoring opportunities.
The key to being successful with baseline plays is to give the players more than one option once the ball is passed inbounds. This play does a great job of doing that.
In order to run this play effectively, players must first understand the fundamentals of basketball. Once players can perform the offensive fundamentals properly, then inbound plays can be incorporated into their game.
Check out our youth basketball drills page for some great ideas on teaching and learning the fundamentals of the game.
In addition to youth basketball offensive play 2, you'll find more great basketball plays by clicking here.
Youth Basketball Play 2:
To help you understand the play, please follow the key below.
- 1 = Point Guard
- 2 = Wing
- 3 = Wing
- 4 = Post
- 5 = Post
- Black Dotted Arrow = Pass
- Black Straight Arrow = Player Movement
- 3 will be the inbound passer. They will start the play by slapping the ball and yelling "Go".
- 2 and 5 will set a double-screen for 1 in the lane.
- 1 will cut through the double screen and move to the corner.
- 3 will pass the ball to 1 in the corner.
- 4 will set a down screen for 2.
- After screening for 1, 2 will cut up the lane and use 4's screen to get open at the top of the key.
- After screening for 2, 4 will rub off of 5 and head to the low post area.
- After receiving the pass from 3, 1 now has three options:
- They can pass to 2 at the top of the key for a jump-shot.
- They can pass to 4 who has now established good low post position.
- They can look for their shot or drive.
I hope Youth Basketball Offensive Play 2
has been helpful and informative! When executed properly, this play will produce many easy scoring opportunities for you!
Enjoy and best of luck!
Return To Youth Basketball Offensive Play 2 Top
Return From Youth Basketball Play 2 To YB Offensive Plays
Return From Youth Basketball Play 2 To Home Page