Simple Youth Basketball
Play 7: "Eagle"
Simple Youth Basketball Play 7 is called "Eagle". This is a very simple play to teach, learn and execute - yet extremely difficult to defend.
This play utilizes multiple cuts, screens, a hand-off and the pick and roll. When executed properly, this play will produce multiple high-percentage scoring opportunities for you!
I hope you find this play to be helpful and informative!
Enjoy and best of luck!
Simple Basketball Play 7:
To help you understand the play, please follow the key below.
- 1 = Point Guard
- 2 = Wing
- 3 = Wing
- 4 = Post
- 5 = Post
- Black Dotted Arrow = Pass
- Black Straight Arrow = Player Movement
- The players start in a 3 out - 2 in formation with the wings spread outside the 3-point line.
- 5 will flash hard to the high post.
- 1 will pass to 5 in the high post.
- 2 will cut toward the top of the key.
- 5 will hand the ball off to 2.
- As this is happening, 4 will come to the free throw line and set a screen for 2.
- 2 will take the ball from 5, then use 4's screen to dribble toward the basket.
- After setting the screen, 4 will roll to the basket for the pick and roll play.
- As this is happening, 1 should cut to the basket for a possible pass or to rebound.
- 3 should rotate to the top to defend against a fast-break.
Return To Simple Youth Basketball Play 7 Top
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play To Simple YB Plays
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play To Home Page