Simple Youth Basketball Play 4:
Simple Youth Basketball Play 4 is called "3 Down". This is a very simple play that does an excellent job at creating multiple scoring opportunities.
I hope you find this play to be helpful and informative!
Enjoy and best of luck!
Simple Basketball Play 4:
To help you understand the play, please follow the key below.
- 1 = Point Guard
- 2 = Wing
- 3 = Wing
- 4 = Post
- 5 = Post
- Black Dotted Arrow = Pass
- Black Straight Arrow = Player Movement
- The players will start in a variation of a 1-2-2 formation.
- 1 will dribble to the right to start the play.
- 2 will cut hard to the foul-line extended area.
- 1 will pass to 2.
- As this is happening, 4 will set a screen for 3.
- 3 will set up their defender with a good fake and then cut shoulder to shoulder off 4's screen and go to the elbow area.
- 2 will make a pass to 3 at the elbow.
- Once 3 gets the pass at the elbow, they have three options:
- They can shoot a jump shot.
- They can drive to the basket and either shoot a lay-up or pass to 2, 4 or 5 if they are open.
- They can pass to 4 in the low post.
Return To Simple Youth Basketball Play 4 Top
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play To Simple YB Plays
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play To Home Page