Simple Youth Basketball
Play 2: "20"
Simple Youth Basketball Play 2 is called "20". This play utilizes multiple screens and cuts, along with constant movement by the players.
When executed properly, this play will produce many easy scoring opportunities for you! I hope you find this play to be helpful and informative!
Enjoy and best of luck!
Simple Youth Basketball Play 2:
To help you understand the play, please follow the key below.
- 1 = Point Guard
- 2 = Wing
- 3 = Wing
- 4 = Post
- 5 = Post
- Black Dotted Arrow = Pass
- Black Straight Arrow = Player Movement
- The players start in a 1-2-2 formation. The post players will start at the high posts and the wings will start at the low posts.
- 4 and 5 will down screen for 2 and 3.
- As this is happening, 2 and 3 should be setting up their defenders with a good fake and then cut shoulder to shoulder off the screener.
- 1 will dribble either right or left (right in this case) and pass to the wing coming off the screen.
- When 2 receives the pass from 1, 4 should clear out to the corner.
- As this is happening, 5 should move to the middle post area looking for a pass from 2.
- 1 will set a screen for 3 who will go to the top of the key.
- If 2 does not pass the ball to 5 in the post, they should quickly pass out to 3 at the top of the key.
- As this is happening, 1 will set a screen for 5.
- 3 will dribble the ball to the left and look for 5 coming off 1's screen.
- If 5 does not get the pass, they should clear out to the corner.
- 1 will then set a screen for 4.
- 4 should come off of 1's screen and go directly into the lane, looking for a pass from 3.
- 3 should pass to 4 if they are open.
Return To Simple Youth Basketball Play 2 Top
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play 2 To Simple YB Plays
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play To Home Page