Jim Valvano Quotes
These Jim Valvano Quotes are truly inspirational! Whether you are a basketball player, parent or coach...these basketball quotes should inspire and motivate you.
Jim Valvano, "Jimmy V", was a great man who always wore his heart on his sleeve. He was a very emotional and caring person. Oh yeah, and a darn good basketball coach too!
His great personality and characteristics always shined during basketball games and press conferences. He was fun to watch and listen to.
The two images of "Jimmy V" I'll always remember...
First, when he sprinted onto the basketball court in excitement and disbelief after his NC State team won the NCAA championship with a last second dunk. Second, his touching speech after winning the Arthur Ashe Courage Award.
These were two very emotional and incredible experiences that I will never forget about this great man.
I hope you enjoy these Jim Valvano Quotes! You should find some inspiration in his words.
Inspirational Jim Valvano Quotes
- "To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
- "Be a dreamer. If you don't know how to dream, you're dead."
- "I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em."
- "Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- "How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal, and you have to be willing to work for it."
- "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me."
- "No matter what business you're in, you can't run in place or someone will pass you by. It doesn't matter how many games you've won."
- "There are 86,400 seconds in a day. It's up to you to decide what to do with them."
- "Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding."
I hope you enjoyed these Jim Valvano Quotes! Best of luck with your basketball season!
Return To Jim Valvano Quotes Top
Return From Jim Valvano Quotes To Basketball Inspirational Quotes
Return From Jim Valvano Basketball Quotes To Home Page