These amazing Coach Don Meyer Quotes will definitely help inspire and motivate you as you approach the game of basketball.
If you don't know who Coach Don Meyer is, here's a quick bio...
So, when it comes to basketball - Don Meyer knows what he's talking about. Whether you're a basketball coach, player or parent...you should find these Don Meyer quotes to be inspirational and extremely insightful. Enjoy!
Inspirational Basketball Quotes By Coach Meyer
1. “Successful programs consist of people working hard, working together, while never worrying about who gets the credit.”
2. “Shout praise and whisper criticism.”
3. “To be a team, you must be a family.”
4. “Discipline and demand without being demeaning.”
5. “Recognize and reward players who put the team first, not just the gifted ones.”
6. “Simplify the game as much as possible. When you add, you must subtract.”
7. “There is nothing more important than rebounding... don't just give it lip service.”
8. “Shared suffering: one guy messes up and everyone runs. One guy does well and everyone benefits.”
9. “Players who are late say that their time is more important than the team.”
10. “It is not what you teach, but what you emphasize.”
11. “Good shooters take the shots; best shooters take most of the shots.”
12. “You build your program from the ideas of great coaches.”
13. “Play off your great player... great teams have a go-to player and they play off of him.”
14. “Prepare for every practice like you just loss your last game.”
15. “Your program must have an overriding purpose which is clearly visible and which teaches lessons beyond winning.”
16. “When you watch the game, be a student of the game.”
17. “The team is an extension of the coach.”
18. “Players must do what you want them to do in pressure situations.”
19. “When the legs go, the heart and the head follow quickly behind.”
20. “If it comes down to you or the program that decision was made long ago.”
21. “Every day you teach attitude.”
I hope you've enjoyed these Don Meyer basketball quotes.