Simple Youth Basketball
Play 8: "Five"
Simple Youth Basketball Play 8 is called "Five". This play uses a lot of screening and cutting to create many easy scoring opportunities.
This is a very simple play to execute - yet extremely difficult to defend.
I hope you find this play to be helpful and informative! When executed properly, this play will produce multiple high-percentage scoring opportunities for you!
Enjoy and best of luck!
Simple Youth Basketball Play:
To help you understand the play, please follow the key below.
- 1 = Point Guard
- 2 = Wing
- 3 = Wing
- 4 = Post
- 5 = Post
- Black Dotted Arrow = Pass
- Black Straight Arrow = Player Movement
- The players start in a 1-2-2 tight formation.
- As 1 dribbles the ball across half-court, 4 and 5 will head out toward the 3-point line.
- 1 will pass the ball to 4.
- 5 will set a screen for 1.
- After passing to 4, 1 will use 5's screen to get open in the weak-side wing area.
- 2 will cut out to the 3-point line to open up the lane.
- 3 will cut toward the free throw line. This will open up the lane for 1 and also get 3 in a better position to set a screen for 4.
- Note: If 3 has established good position or has a mismatch, then 4 should pass them the ball.
- As this action is taking place, 4 will look to pass the ball to 1 in the wing for a jump shot.
- If 1 is not open, 4 will pass the ball to 5.
- 5 will then pass to 1 in the wing.
- When 1 receives the pass from 5, 3 will set a back-screen on 4.
- 4 will come off 3's screen, cut toward the basket and look for a pass from 1.
- If 4 is open, 1 should make the pass to them.
- 5 will then set a screen for 3.
- 3 will use 5's screen to get open at the top of the key area.
- After setting the screen, 5 will roll to the basket looking for a pass from 1.
- If 5 is open, 1 should make the pass to them.
- IF 5 is not open, 1 can look to pass to 4 in the low post.
- If none of the above passes were open, you are now in a 3 out - 2 in formation.
- From here you can either run another offensive play, an isolation play, or a two-man play.
Return To Simple Youth Basketball Play 8 Top
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play 8 To Simple YB Plays
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play To Home Page