Simple Youth Basketball
Play 5: "Celtics"
Simple Youth Basketball Play 5 is called "Celtics". This play utilizes multiple cuts and screens to create easy scoring opportunities. This constant movement by the players makes this simple play very hard to defend.
I hope you find this play to be helpful and informative! When executed properly, it will create high-percentage scoring opportunities.
Enjoy and best of luck!
Simple Basketball Play 5:
To help you understand the play, please follow the key below.
- 1 = Point Guard
- 2 = Wing
- 3 = Wing
- 4 = Post
- 5 = Post
- Black Dotted Arrow = Pass
- Black Straight Arrow = Player Movement
- The players will start in a 1-2-2 formation.
- 1 will dribble the ball to the right or left to start the play (right in this case).
- 2 will set a screen for 1.
- As this is happening, 4 will set a back-screen for 3.
- 3 should set up their defender with a good fake and cut shoulder to shoulder off 4's screen.
- As 3 is coming off 4's screen, 5 will set another screen for 3.
- 3 should come off both screens and cut directly into the lane looking for a pass from 1.
- If 3 doesn't get a pass from 1 they should go to the opposite low post to keep the lane open for 1.
- Other options for 3: They can set a back-screen for 1, or post up their defender in the lane for a pass from 1.
- As 1 comes off of 2's screen, they will look to either drive to the basket or pass to 3 or 4.
- After screening for 3, 4 will roll to the basket and look for a pass from 1.
- 5 will roll to the basket and look to rebound.
- 2 will drop back to defend against a fast break.
Return To Simple Youth Basketball Play 5 Top
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play 5 To Simple YB Plays
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play To Home Page