Simple Youth Basketball Play 3:
Simple Youth Basketball Play 3 is called "Double Staggered". This is an excellent play to help get your best shooter open for a shot.
I hope you find this play to be helpful and informative! When executed properly, this play will create multiple scoring opportunities for you!
Enjoy and best of luck!
Simple Basketball Play 3:
To help you understand the play, please follow the key below.
- 1 = Point Guard
- 2 = Wing
- 3 = Wing
- 4 = Post
- 5 = Post
- Black Dotted Arrow = Pass
- Black Straight Arrow = Player Movement
- The players will start in a 1-2-2 formation.
- 1 will dribble to either the right or left side (right in this case). This tells the team that the wing on the opposite side will be getting the pass/shot.
- As this is happening, 2 and 3 should be moving toward the baseline area.
- 5 will set a screen for 3 on the baseline.
- 3 must set up their defender and properly use the screen to move across the lane.
- 2 and 4 will set a double screen for 3.
- 3 should use the double screen to get open for a pass from 1.
- As this is happening, 1 should dribble toward the wing area to improve their passing angle to 3.
- As 3 comes off the double screen, 2 should immediately set a screen for 5.
- 5 will use 2's screen to get open in the middle of the lane for a possible pass from 3.
- As this is happening, 4 should turn and establish good post position for a possible pass from 3.
- Once player 3 gets the ball, they have 3 options:
- They can immediately shoot a jump shot.
- They can look to pass to 4 in the low post.
- They can look to pass to 5 in the lane.
Return To Simple Youth Basketball Play 3 Top
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play 3 To Simple YB Plays
Return From Simple Youth Basketball Play To Home Page